- 1 What generation iPod works with Apple music?
- 2 Can I use my iPod with Apple music?
- 3 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 4 How do I put Music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 5 How do I add Apple music to my old iPod?
- 6 Why did Apple stop making ipods?
- 7 Do you get free Apple Music with iPod?
- 8 Is Apple Music the same as iTunes?
- 9 How can I put music on my iPod without a computer?
- 10 How do I update my old iPod classic?
- 11 How long will an iPod classic last?
- 12 Is the iPod classic obsolete?
What generation iPod works with Apple music?
iTunes 12.2 or better on Mac or Windows. iPhone 4s or later. iPad 2 & iPad mini or later. iPod touch 5th generation or later.
Can I use my iPod with Apple music?
Normally, owners of an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 5/6 are able to download songs into their device. Once you got the DRM-free Apple Music, you are able to transfer the Apple Music tracks to any device such as iPod nano, iPod shuffle, MP3 player, etc. for offline listening.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
How do I put Music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
How do I add Apple music to my old iPod?
Add music to iPod touch and listen offline
- Touch and hold a song, album, playlist, or video, then tap Add to Library.
- When viewing the contents of an album or playlist, tap near the top of the screen to add the album or playlist, or tap, then tap Add to Library to add individual songs.
Why did Apple stop making ipods?
Three years later, Apple discontinued the iPod Classic. These were the last of Apple’s devices that didn’t connect to the internet, which meant they couldn’t use the services that Apple was focusing on, like the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple TV Plus.
Do you get free Apple Music with iPod?
If you’re not a subscriber, you can use Music to listen to music synced to iPod touch from a Mac or a Windows PC, play and download previous iTunes Store purchases, and listen to Apple Music 1 for free.
Is Apple Music the same as iTunes?
I’m confused. How is Apple Music different than iTunes? iTunes is a free app to manage your music library, music video playback, music purchases and device syncing. Apple Music is an ad-free music streaming subscription service that costs $10 per month, $15 a month for a family of six or $5 per month for students.
How can I put music on my iPod without a computer?
If you have an Apple iPod, Apple TV or an iPhone (in 10 days’ time), iTunes currently sits as the hub in the middle of the Apple-empire wheel. But with iLoad you won’ t need a computer, internet connection or iTunes to transfer music, film and videos to your iPod.
How do I update my old iPod classic?
You need to use iTunes to install or update the software on an iPod nano, iPod shuffle, or iPod classic, and you can also use iTunes to update iOS on your iPod touch. Connect the iPod to your computer, click the iPod button, and you’ll see the Summary sync page appear.
How long will an iPod classic last?
Even if you store it perfectly, you can expect to lose 25% capacity within 3-4 years. For long term storage, it’s best to charge it to just above 50% and let it self discharge down to maybe 40 or 35% and then charge it back up to over 50.
Is the iPod classic obsolete?
The Classic was discontinued in October, and it cost £229. Where the biggest iPod Touch has just 64GB of storage, the Classic had up to 160GB. That’s enough space for 40,000 songs. It isn’t just about what the Classic has, though.