- 1 Can you still put music on an iPod classic?
- 2 How do I get music off my old iPod?
- 3 Can you put music on an iPod without iTunes?
- 4 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 5 How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
- 6 Do old ipods still work?
- 7 How do I get iTunes to recognize my old iPod?
- 8 How can I put Music on my iPod without iTunes 2020?
- 9 Can I transfer music from iPod to USB stick?
- 10 Can you transfer music from iPod to computer?
- 11 How do I transfer music from my old iPod to my new iPod for free?
Can you still put music on an iPod classic?
The iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle don’ t have an internet connection of their own. When you want to put media on them, you use the iTunes program on your desktop or laptop computer to download songs to the iPod, using a process called syncing, not iCloud.
How do I get music off my old iPod?
Once you’ve copied the files, you can eject the iPod and disconnect it. On a Windows PC, right-click on the iPod drive in File Explorer and select Eject. Mac users should right-click on the iPod icon on the desktop and select Eject.
Can you put music on an iPod without iTunes?
Fortunately, you won’t need any extra items to add music to your iPod without iTunes, unless you need to transfer the music from somewhere else to your PC first. You’ll only need: An iPod USB charging cable.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
Best Sites to Download Free iPod Music
- iMesh. iMesh features 15 million songs that you may download and sync to your iPod for free.
- Free Music Download.
- Free Music Archive.
- Audio Archive.
Do old ipods still work?
You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs. To reiterate the post above, while Apple may no longer be actively supporting iPod classic the current versions of iTunes and Music on Catalina should all be able to work with iPod classic.
How do I get iTunes to recognize my old iPod?
See If iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod – Apple Support or try How to use disk mode on your iPod – Apple Support and put the device in disk mode, connect it to USB, and launch iTunes. The device should show in iTunes and allow you to restore it.
How can I put Music on my iPod without iTunes 2020?
How to Add Music to an iPod Without Using iTunes
- Insert the iPod’s USB cable into the bottom of the iPod.
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel on your computer.
- Go to your computer’s desktop and look for the folder titled “My Computer.
- Look around the folder and find the folder within it titled “Music”.
Can I transfer music from iPod to USB stick?
Plug in your iPod and your flash drive. Step 2: Select the “Music” tab. On the left, choose a playlist and right click it. Step 3: Click “Export to PC/Mac” from the menu, then browse and choose the flash drive as your destination.
Can you transfer music from iPod to computer?
Step 1: Connect your iPod and launch iTunes. In the iPod management screen, scroll down to Options and check “Enable disk use.” iTunes will give you a warning–select OK. Step 2: Now your iPod will show up as a drive on your Desktop. But before you can access its files, download and install a program called Houdini.
How do I transfer music from my old iPod to my new iPod for free?
There is no direct way to transfer music from one iPod to another. However, you can transfer your iPod music library to your computer and then sync music to your new iPod from your computer.