- 1 Can I use Apple music on an old iPod?
- 2 Which iPod can use Apple music?
- 3 How do I put Apple music on my iPod?
- 4 How do I get Apple music on my iPod 4th generation?
- 5 Can you still download music to an iPod?
- 6 How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
- 7 How can I put music on my iPod without a computer?
- 8 Which iPod touch can use Apple music?
- 9 Is iPod nano compatible with Apple music?
- 10 How do I download Apple music to my iPod nano?
- 11 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 12 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 13 Do old ipods still work?
Can I use Apple music on an old iPod?
Apple Music doesn’t work with any iPod classic, mini, nano, or shuffle, and Apple appears disinclined to ever update those products apart from (in the case of the latter two) the occasional new color options. You can drop Apple Music, or you can drop your “vintage” iPod.
Which iPod can use Apple music?
Once you got the DRM-free Apple Music, you are able to transfer the Apple Music tracks to any device such as iPod nano, iPod shuffle, MP3 player, etc. for offline listening.
How do I put Apple music on my iPod?
Add music to iPod touch and listen offline
- Touch and hold a song, album, playlist, or video, then tap Add to Library.
- When viewing the contents of an album or playlist, tap near the top of the screen to add the album or playlist, or tap, then tap Add to Library to add individual songs.
How do I get Apple music on my iPod 4th generation?
Apple Music isn’t supported on the iPod touch 4th gen. The 4th gen is from late 2010 and was only supported until late 2013. The maximum iOS version supported on the iPod touch 4th gen is iOS 6.1.
Can you still download music to an iPod?
iTunes: Go to the Music tab, select the Sync Music check box, choose the songs you want, then select Apply. Newer Macs: Your iTunes music library is located in the Music app, and you can transfer music to your iPod using the Finder.
How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
Best Sites to Download Free iPod Music
- iMesh. iMesh features 15 million songs that you may download and sync to your iPod for free.
- Free Music Download.
- Free Music Archive.
- Audio Archive.
How can I put music on my iPod without a computer?
If you have an Apple iPod, Apple TV or an iPhone (in 10 days’ time), iTunes currently sits as the hub in the middle of the Apple-empire wheel. But with iLoad you won’ t need a computer, internet connection or iTunes to transfer music, film and videos to your iPod.
Which iPod touch can use Apple music?
The only other option is the nearly 5-year old iPod Touch 6th generation, which maxes out at iOS 12.4. x and will be a more current and viable device.
Is iPod nano compatible with Apple music?
It seems bizarre to say an iPod won’t work with Apple’s music service, but for now Apple Music is limited to WiFi-enabled iOS devices only. That said, you can still store music on your iPod nano or iPod shuffle: anything you purchase in iTunes, or any DRM-free music you own, will still work on those devices.
How do I download Apple music to my iPod nano?
Guide: Transfer Apple Music to iPod Nano/Shuffle/Classic
- Connect your iPod nano/shuffle/classic with iTunes.
- Click “Music” > “Sync Music” > “selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres”.
- Click “Apply” and iTunes will automatically sync the Apple Music songs to your iPods as expected.
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
Do old ipods still work?
You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs. To reiterate the post above, while Apple may no longer be actively supporting iPod classic the current versions of iTunes and Music on Catalina should all be able to work with iPod classic.