- 1 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 2 How do I manually add music to my iPod classic?
- 3 How do I manually transfer music to my iPod?
- 4 Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
- 5 How do I get music off my old iPod?
- 6 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 7 How do I transfer music from iPod to computer for free?
- 8 Why can’t I transfer songs from iTunes to my iPod?
- 9 Why can’t I sync my iPod?
- 10 Why can’t I sync my iPod classic to iTunes?
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
How do I manually add music to my iPod classic?
Under your iPod classic directory tree, click “Music”. Then, in the music window, click ” + Add” > “Add file” or “Add folder”. When the file browser window pops up, navigate to the location where you save music files. Choose your wanted music files and click “Open” to import them to your iPod classic.
How do I manually transfer music to my iPod?
How to copy items to your iPod manually
- Click the On This iPod tab.
- Click the Add To button in the upper-right corner of the view under the Done button.
- Drag items (such as one or more songs or an album) directly from your iTunes library to the iPod column.
- Wait for the copying to finish and then click Done.
Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
How do I get music off my old iPod?
Once you’ve copied the files, you can eject the iPod and disconnect it. On a Windows PC, right-click on the iPod drive in File Explorer and select Eject. Mac users should right-click on the iPod icon on the desktop and select Eject.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
How do I transfer music from iPod to computer for free?
How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer with iTunes
- Connect your iPod to PC with a USB cable and Trust the PC.
- Click “File” option to choose “Devices” > “Transfer Purchases from [your iPhone name] “to sync your purchased music to the iTunes library.
- Now you can transfer your music from iPod to PC.
Why can’t I transfer songs from iTunes to my iPod?
In most cases, the problem is caused by misconfigured iTunes sync settings for your iPhone or iPod. The guide works with all iPhone models including iPhone 6s and all versions of iTunes, including iTunes 12.
Why can’t I sync my iPod?
Basic Tips to Fix iPod touch/nano/shuffle/classic Won’t Sync. Check USB and Wi-Fi connection and reconnect your iPod to the computer. Restart your iPod, iTunes, and computer. Re-Authorize iTunes on the computer by going to iTunes > Store.
Why can’t I sync my iPod classic to iTunes?
Retry with a different USB port if you cannot see iPod classic in iTunes. Restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest software updates installed. Reinstall iTunes software from the latest version on the web. Restore iPod classic.