- 1 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 2 Can you still put music on an iPod classic?
- 3 How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
- 4 How do I get music onto my old iPod?
- 5 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 6 How can I put music on my iPod without iTunes 2020?
- 7 How do I get iTunes to recognize my old iPod?
- 8 How do I manually add songs to my iPod?
- 9 Can you put music on an iPod without a computer?
- 10 How can I download free music to my iPod classic?
- 11 Do old ipods still work?
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
Can you still put music on an iPod classic?
The iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle don’ t have an internet connection of their own. When you want to put media on them, you use the iTunes program on your desktop or laptop computer to download songs to the iPod, using a process called syncing, not iCloud.
How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
Take advantage of ” Free on iTunes.” Click on the link to the iTunes Store in your iTunes browser and then click the small link labeled “Free on iTunes” on the right-hand side of the screen. These songs will be automatically sorted into your iTunes library.
How do I get music onto my old iPod?
Just go to your main iTunes music library song listing and click the download (cloud) button next to the song name. If you don’t have iTunes Match, you can re-download any song purchased from the iTunes Store on the Purchased screen. There is a link to that screen on the iTunes Store Home screen, under QUICK LINKS.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
How can I put music on my iPod without iTunes 2020?
How to Add Music to an iPod Without Using iTunes
- Insert the iPod’s USB cable into the bottom of the iPod.
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel on your computer.
- Go to your computer’s desktop and look for the folder titled “My Computer.
- Look around the folder and find the folder within it titled “Music”.
How do I get iTunes to recognize my old iPod?
See If iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod – Apple Support or try How to use disk mode on your iPod – Apple Support and put the device in disk mode, connect it to USB, and launch iTunes. The device should show in iTunes and allow you to restore it.
How do I manually add songs to my iPod?
How to apply the “Manually manage music” option
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPod to your computer.
- Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
- On the “Summary” screen, check the Manually manage music and videos box (under “Options”).
- Click Apply.
Can you put music on an iPod without a computer?
Add Music to iPod Directly Without a Computer. The most convenient solution to put music on iPod directly is to download music from Apple Music or the iTunes Store to the device. Paid but convenient, using Apple Music or the iTunes Store allows you to put music on iPod even without a computer.
How can I download free music to my iPod classic?
Click on the song in the library that you want to add to your iPod classic, if you chose “manually manage music.” To add multiple songs at once, hold down the “Ctrl” key as you click on the songs. If you chose automatic sync, simply wait for all of your songs in your library to transfer to your iPod.
Do old ipods still work?
You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs. To reiterate the post above, while Apple may no longer be actively supporting iPod classic the current versions of iTunes and Music on Catalina should all be able to work with iPod classic.