- 1 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 2 Can you still add music to an old iPod?
- 3 How do I transfer music from laptop to iPod classic?
- 4 How do I manually add songs to my iPod?
- 5 Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
- 6 How do I get music off my old iPod?
- 7 Do old iPods still work?
- 8 How do I reset my iPod classic without losing my music?
- 9 How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
- 10 How do I put music on my iPod with Windows 10?
- 11 Can I drag and drop music to iPod?
- 12 How do you download music onto your iPod touch for free?
- 13 How can I put music on my iPod without a computer?
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
Can you still add music to an old iPod?
Just go to your main iTunes music library song listing and click the download (cloud) button next to the song name. If you don’t have iTunes Match, you can re-download any song purchased from the iTunes Store on the Purchased screen.
How do I transfer music from laptop to iPod classic?
Download and install iTunes (see Resources). Open up iTunes from the Start menu or via the iTunes desktop icon. Connect your iPod classic to your computer’s USB port using the iPod’s USB sync cable. Wait for iTunes to recognize your iPod and display your iPod’s current files and music lists.
How do I manually add songs to my iPod?
How to apply the “Manually manage music” option
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPod to your computer.
- Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
- On the “Summary” screen, check the Manually manage music and videos box (under “Options”).
- Click Apply.
Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
How do I get music off my old iPod?
Once you’ve copied the files, you can eject the iPod and disconnect it. On a Windows PC, right-click on the iPod drive in File Explorer and select Eject. Mac users should right-click on the iPod icon on the desktop and select Eject.
Do old iPods still work?
Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use. Some of the later iPod classic models have as much as 160GB of storage space, with models as early as the third generation having up to 40GB.
How do I reset my iPod classic without losing my music?
How to Restore an iPod Without Losing Music (3 Steps)
- Plug the USB cable into the power port on the bottom of your iPod.
- Click the iPod listed under “My Devices,” and the iPod information loads onto your screen.
- Select “Restore to Factory Settings” and your iPod’s firmware restores itself.
How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
Best Sites to Download Free iPod Music
- iMesh. iMesh features 15 million songs that you may download and sync to your iPod for free.
- Free Music Download.
- Free Music Archive.
- Audio Archive.
How do I put music on my iPod with Windows 10?
- Download and install TouchCopy on your PC or laptop.
- Run TouchCopy and connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- From the list of your device’s music, select the songs you wish to copy.
- Click “Copy to PC” in TouchCopy.
- Choose where to save your music to your your computer.
Can I drag and drop music to iPod?
You can also choose to transfer music to iPod manually. This allows you to drag and drop individual songs and playlists from iTunes to iPod. You can find this option by accessing the Summary tab of the iPod settings.
How do you download music onto your iPod touch for free?
Take advantage of “Free on iTunes.” Click on the link to the iTunes Store in your iTunes browser and then click the small link labeled “Free on iTunes” on the right-hand side of the screen. These songs will be automatically sorted into your iTunes library.
How can I put music on my iPod without a computer?
If you have an Apple iPod, Apple TV or an iPhone (in 10 days’ time), iTunes currently sits as the hub in the middle of the Apple-empire wheel. But with iLoad you won’ t need a computer, internet connection or iTunes to transfer music, film and videos to your iPod.