- 1 What generation iPod works with Apple music?
- 2 Do old ipods still work with iTunes?
- 3 How do I put Music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 4 How do I add Apple music to my old iPod?
- 5 Can I use an iPod with Apple music?
- 6 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 7 Why can’t I sync my iPod classic to iTunes?
- 8 Can an iPod classic use Bluetooth?
- 9 How do I transfer music from my iPod classic to iTunes?
What generation iPod works with Apple music?
iTunes 12.2 or better on Mac or Windows. iPhone 4s or later. iPad 2 & iPad mini or later. iPod touch 5th generation or later.
Do old ipods still work with iTunes?
You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs. To reiterate the post above, while Apple may no longer be actively supporting iPod classic the current versions of iTunes and Music on Catalina should all be able to work with iPod classic.
How do I put Music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
How do I add Apple music to my old iPod?
Add music to iPod touch and listen offline
- Touch and hold a song, album, playlist, or video, then tap Add to Library.
- When viewing the contents of an album or playlist, tap near the top of the screen to add the album or playlist, or tap, then tap Add to Library to add individual songs.
Can I use an iPod with Apple music?
Normally, owners of an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 5/6 are able to download songs into their device. Once you got the DRM-free Apple Music, you are able to transfer the Apple Music tracks to any device such as iPod nano, iPod shuffle, MP3 player, etc. for offline listening.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
Why can’t I sync my iPod classic to iTunes?
Retry with a different USB port if you cannot see iPod classic in iTunes. Restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest software updates installed. Reinstall iTunes software from the latest version on the web. Restore iPod classic.
Can an iPod classic use Bluetooth?
Apple hasn’t updated its iPod classic for about five years. It still features the old 30-pin connector that was long-ago replaced on all of Apple’s other mobile devices. And crucially it doesn’t natively support Bluetooth.
How do I transfer music from my iPod classic to iTunes?
To add some or all of the music from your iPod to your iTunes library, go to either File > Add File to Library or File > Add Folder to Library in iTunes for Windows. If you’re using a Mac, go to File > Add to Library. Then select the files or folder you want to add.