- 1 Do old LPs have any value?
- 2 How do I know if my LP is valuable?
- 3 What are the most valuable LP albums?
- 4 Are 78 LPs worth anything?
- 5 What can you do with old LPs?
- 6 How can you tell how old an LP is?
- 7 What are old 45s worth?
- 8 What are the most valuable 45 vinyl records?
- 9 What old albums are worth money?
- 10 What are the 20 most valuable vinyl records?
- 11 What Motown albums are worth money?
- 12 What is the most valuable 78 record?
- 13 What is the rarest 45 record?
- 14 What records are 78 rpm?
Do old LPs have any value?
Rare and Valuable LPs (33 RPM) Many have values that exceed $100. Some sell for $1000 or more. “Most collected artists” records have the highest values. Most “Fans” LPs made after 1970 sell for $10 or more and some made before 1970 sell for $100+.
How do I know if my LP is valuable?
One album, 6 labels. One is worth $10; one is worth $10,000! A significant factor in determining a vinyl record’s value is the label on the record itself. A given album or single might have been released with several different labels on the disc itself, even among releases by the same record company.
What are the most valuable LP albums?
The 10 most expensive vinyl records ever sold
- The Beatles: Yesterday & Today – $125,000.
- John Lennon & Yoko Ono: Double Fantasy – $150,000.
- The Beatles: Sgt.
- Elvis Presley: ‘My Happiness’ – $300,000.
- The Beatles: The Beatles (White Album) – $790,000.
- Wu-Tang Clan: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin – $2 million.
Are 78 LPs worth anything?
The accompanying album covers of 78 vinyl records are often worth as much or more than the actual record discs. 78 records and their covers that were released between the 1950s and 1980s are particularly collectible with often elaborate and iconic art images and artist likenesses.
What can you do with old LPs?
How to Dispose of Old Vinyl Records
- Sell old vinyl records on eBay.
- Sell records at a garage sale or flea market.
- Place a classified ad in your local paper or in your local area of Craigslist.
- Call your local library and see if they accept donations of vinyl records.
How can you tell how old an LP is?
A closer look at the spine of the record sleeve will also help determine whether you have an original pressing. Original pressings usually have a four-letter and number combination like WXYZ-1234. Other records after the second or third pressing have two letters and five number combinations, such as XY-12345.
What are old 45s worth?
EPs were only made in the 50’s and 60’s. Rock and roll and R&B 45s with the cardboard sleeves are worth at least $20, with many being worth more than $200. First pressings of albums have more value than second, third, or subsequent pressings.
What are the most valuable 45 vinyl records?
The most valuable vinyl records on Earth, from The Beatles to The Sex Pistols
- The Sex Pistols, God Save The Queen canceled single: $10,000 to $20,000.
- Frank Wilson, Do I Love You (Indeed I Do) 45 rpm in plain sleeve: $37,000.
- Aphex Twin, Caustic Window test pressing: $46,000.
What old albums are worth money?
10 Records You Might Have Owned That Are Now Worth a Fortune
- BOB DYLAN // THE FREEWHEELIN’ BOB DYLAN (1963)
- THE BEATLES // THE BEATLES (WHITE ALBUM) (1968)
- DAVID BOWIE // DIAMOND DOGS (1974)
- SEX PISTOLS // “GOD SAVE THE QUEEN”/”NO FEELINGS” 7-INCH (1977)
- HANK MOBLEY // BLUE NOTE 1568 (1957)
What are the 20 most valuable vinyl records?
40 vinyl records worth a fortune today
- Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin (1969)
- Miles Davis, Kind of Blue (1959)
- The Who, The Who Sell Out (1967)
- Nirvana, Bleach (1989)
- XTC — Science Friction (1977)
- David Bowie — The Prettiest Star (1973)
- ABBA — Hova’s Vittne (1981)
- The Quarrymen — That’ll Be the Day (1981)
What Motown albums are worth money?
Rarest Motown 7″s Sold On Discogs In The Last Year
- #1 – $660 – Marvin Gaye – This Love Starved Heart Of Mine (It’s Killing Me) (1995)
- #2 – $275 – Gino Parks – Fire / For This I Thank You (1962)
- #3 – $257 – Shorty Long – Out To Get You (1964?)
- #4 – $220 – Frances Nero – Keep on Lovin Me / Fight Fire With Fire (1966)
What is the most valuable 78 record?
Longtime Blues record collector and expert John Tefteller was the winning bidder at $37,100.00 for a super rare Blues 78 rpm record by Blues legend Tommy Johnson. This is highest price ever paid for a single 78 rpm Blues record and one of the highest prices ever paid for ANY record.
What is the rarest 45 record?
John Tefteller wins the world’s rarest Sun 45 for $10,000 and it’s STILL a steal at that price!
What records are 78 rpm?
Any flat disc record, made between about 1898 and the late 1950s and playing at a speed around 78 revolutions per minute is called a “78” by collectors. The materials of which discs were made and with which they were coated were also various; shellac eventually became the commonest material.