- 1 What came after the classical music period?
- 2 What was classical music called back then?
- 3 What are the 6 eras of music?
- 4 What are the 4 period of classical music?
- 5 What is the oldest classical music?
- 6 What are the 4 types of musical form?
- 7 Who is the father of classical music?
- 8 What are the 5 basic characteristics of classical music?
- 9 Was classical music for the rich?
- 10 Who started the classical music?
- 11 What is the best music era?
- 12 What musical era was the longest?
- 13 What is the oldest genre of music?
What came after the classical music period?
It is further classified into the medieval (500–1400), Renaissance (1400–1600), Baroque (1600–1750), Classical (1750–1820), Romantic (1800–1910), Modernist (1890–1975) and Postmodern/Contemporary (1950–present) eras.
What was classical music called back then?
Galant referred to what we might call early classical music. Learned referred to polyphonic music like fugues. In the 18th century galant would have been the current or modern style, and learned would have been an old fashioned style. You can even look to the Bach family.
What are the 6 eras of music?
The 6 musical periods are classified as Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and 20th/21st Century, with each fitting into an approximate time frame.
What are the 4 period of classical music?
Really simply put, there are four periods in the history of Western classical music: baroque, classical, romantic, and 20th century.
What is the oldest classical music?
The evolution of music: The earliest score to classical
- Hurrian “Hymn 6” is the oldest recorded melody, dating from 1400BC.
- Example of a monophonic Gregorian chant, “Deum Verum”
- Significant composers of that time include Hermannus Contractus and Hildegard Von Bingen.
What are the 4 types of musical form?
Four basic types of musical forms are distinguished in ethnomusicology: iterative, the same phrase repeated over and over; reverting, with the restatement of a phrase after a contrasting one; strophic, a larger melodic entity repeated over and over to different strophes (stanzas) of a poetic text; and progressive, in
Who is the father of classical music?
Bach, born on March 21, 1685, and known as the father of classical music, created more than 1,100 works, including roughly 300 sacred cantatas. His output is unparalleled and includes about every musical genre outside of opera.
What are the 5 basic characteristics of classical music?
The Classical period
- an emphasis on elegance and balance.
- short well-balanced melodies and clear-cut question and answer phrases.
- mainly simple diatonic harmony.
- mainly homophonic textures (melody plus accompaniment) but with some use of counterpoint (where two or more melodic lines are combined)
- use of contrasting moods.
Was classical music for the rich?
Unfortunately, despite its intense popularity, classical music was reserved for the wealthy because the average citizen simply could not afford a ticket to a performance. Government officials, church officials, emperors and empresses regularly commissioned great composers to write and play music.
Who started the classical music?
Bach and Gluck are often considered founders of the Classical style. The first great master of the style was the composer Joseph Haydn. In the late 1750s he began composing symphonies, and by 1761 he had composed a triptych (Morning, Noon, and Evening) solidly in the contemporary mode.
What is the best music era?
Among US adults overall, the 1970s and 1980s prove to be the best decades for music, with 21% and 22% of the vote, respectively. Slightly fewer point to the 1960s (14%) or the 1990s (14%) as standout music decades, while even fewer choose the 2000s (6%) or the 1950s or earlier (6%).
What musical era was the longest?
By far the longest era of classical music, the Medieval music period stretches from 500AD to 1400, a time span of 900 years!
What is the oldest genre of music?
The twanging down-home guitars of America’s Deep South have their roots in the immigrants who arrived with their musical traditions intact. ountry music is America’s oldest musical genre and is arguably its most diverse.