- 1 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 2 How do I transfer music from laptop to iPod classic?
- 3 Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
- 4 Can you still use an iPod classic?
- 5 How do I get music from my iPod classic to my computer?
- 6 How do I put music on my iPod with Windows 10?
- 7 Which version of iTunes is compatible with iPod classic?
- 8 Is iPod classic compatible with Windows 10?
- 9 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 10 How long will an iPod classic last?
- 11 Why can’t I sync my iPod classic?
- 12 How can I update my iPod classic?
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
How do I transfer music from laptop to iPod classic?
Download and install iTunes (see Resources). Open up iTunes from the Start menu or via the iTunes desktop icon. Connect your iPod classic to your computer’s USB port using the iPod’s USB sync cable. Wait for iTunes to recognize your iPod and display your iPod’s current files and music lists.
Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
Can you still use an iPod classic?
Today Apple’s iPod touch (7th generation) has the largest internal drive of any iPod model. You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs.
How do I get music from my iPod classic to my computer?
To add some or all of the music from your iPod to your iTunes library, go to either File > Add File to Library or File > Add Folder to Library in iTunes for Windows. If you’re using a Mac, go to File > Add to Library. Then select the files or folder you want to add.
How do I put music on my iPod with Windows 10?
- Download and install TouchCopy on your PC or laptop.
- Run TouchCopy and connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- From the list of your device’s music, select the songs you wish to copy.
- Click “Copy to PC” in TouchCopy.
- Choose where to save your music to your your computer.
Which version of iTunes is compatible with iPod classic?
As noted you should use iTunes 12.6. 5.3, iTunes 12.7. 2.58, or anything later than that for iTunes to connect to the store. These versions should be able to work with an iPod classic.
Is iPod classic compatible with Windows 10?
Note: To set up iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle as a hard disk, use iTunes on Windows 10. Connect your device to your computer. If the checkbox is dimmed, you can already use your device as a hard disk.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
How long will an iPod classic last?
Even if you store it perfectly, you can expect to lose 25% capacity within 3-4 years. For long term storage, it’s best to charge it to just above 50% and let it self discharge down to maybe 40 or 35% and then charge it back up to over 50.
Why can’t I sync my iPod classic?
Basic Tips to Fix iPod touch/nano/shuffle/classic Won’t Sync. iPod touch: Settings > Music; iTunes: Edit > Preferences > General. Restart your iPod, iTunes, and computer. Re-Authorize iTunes on the computer by going to iTunes > Store.
How can I update my iPod classic?
To update or restore iPod classic:
- Make sure you have an Internet connection and have installed the latest version of.
- Connect iPod classic to your computer.
- In iTunes, select iPod classic in the device list and click the Summary tab.
- Click Update to install the latest version of the software.