- 1 How do you format a concert program?
- 2 How do you format a Programme note?
- 3 What is the format of a typical symphonic program?
- 4 How do I list a song in a program?
- 5 How do I create a concert program in Word?
- 6 How do you write a performance note?
- 7 What makes good program notes?
- 8 What are examples of program music?
- 9 What is the purpose of program notes?
- 10 What are the 4 main orchestral forms of program music?
- 11 How did nationalistic composers express their nationalism?
- 12 What piece is considered an early example of program music?
- 13 Do you put song titles in quotes?
- 14 How do you format song titles?
- 15 How do you write a vocal repertoire list?
How do you format a concert program?
Here are some style guidelines that have worked for me:
- Italicize the song title, but not the composer.
- Include movement titles, even if you’re only playing one movement.
- Indent movement titles.
- Optional: The year a piece was composed and the years of the composer’s birth/death.
How do you format a Programme note?
Program notes typically start with a heading that includes the full title with appropriate keys, numbers, opus numbers, and catalog numbers, date of composition, the composer’s full name and dates, movements or song titles to be performed, names of instrumentalists/vocalist performing.
What is the format of a typical symphonic program?
It’s almost always four movements long; most symphonies last 35 to 45 minutes, just the right length for one half of the concert. A sample concert page from the Yucca Falls Philharmonic Orchestra. The name of the orchestra always appears at the top of the program page.
How do I list a song in a program?
List the name of the song or mention the name of the composer in addition to the song. According to Songs for Your Ceremony, if you list only the song, include the activity on the left, a line of periods and the name of the song on the right in quotes.
How do I create a concert program in Word?
How to Make a Program on Microsoft Word
- Open Microsoft Word, click the “File” tab and click “New.” Double-click the “More templates” folder under the “Available Templates” section.
- Double-click the “Programs” folder to open the collection of Word program templates.
- Click into the program title text box.
How do you write a performance note?
Program Note Contents
- Provide basic information on the creator(s) of the work or performance.
- Give the contextual background of the work or performance.
- Describe how the work or performance is related to others of the same style, tradition, movement, or genre.
What makes good program notes?
A good set of program notes will do two essential things: 1) Give the audience a sense of the work’s history. Traditionally, notes include the facts of a work’s creation: the dates of composition and first performance, and where and by whom it was first performed.
What are examples of program music?
Musical forms such as the symphonic poem, ballade, suite, overture and some compositions in freer forms are named as program music since they intended to bring out extra-musical elements like sights and incidents.
What is the purpose of program notes?
Program notes serve two purposes: to provide historical and background information on the piece and, if necessary, the composer, and to give the audience some sense of what to expect, and what possibly what to listen for, when listening to the work.
What are the 4 main orchestral forms of program music?
Orchestral programme music
- the tone poem (or symphonic poem)
- the concert overture.
- the programme symphony.
How did nationalistic composers express their nationalism?
Nationalistic composer expressed their nationalism by a Employing native songs | Course Hero.
What piece is considered an early example of program music?
The “tone poem” of the Romantic era is an example of a form of program music.
Do you put song titles in quotes?
Explanation. Generally and grammatically speaking, put titles of shorter works in quotation marks but italicize titles of longer works. For example, put a “song title” in quotation marks but italicize the title of the album it appears on.
How do you format song titles?
Here’s how it works:
- Song Titles in “Quotes” Song titles are always surrounded by quotation marks, like *NSYNC’s “Bye Bye Bye,” or “A Whole New World” from Disney’s Aladdin.
- Album Titles in Italics. Album titles, on the other hand, are always italicized.
- Other Italics Questions.
How do you write a vocal repertoire list?
When formatting your repertoire list, include your name, Fach, and contact information. List not only your arias but also the operas they are from and the composer’s name. Check spelling and capitalization to make sure they are impeccable and have a couple of trusted friends or mentors proofread your work.