- 1 How do I transfer music from external hard drive to iPod?
- 2 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 3 How do I get my music off my old iPod?
- 4 How do I transfer music from iPod classic to external hard drive?
- 5 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 6 Is iPod classic still supported?
- 7 How can I put Music on my iPod without iTunes 2020?
- 8 How do I transfer Music from iPod to computer for free?
- 9 Can I keep my iTunes library on an external drive?
- 10 Can I run iTunes from an external drive?
How do I transfer music from external hard drive to iPod?
Step 1: Open iTunes > Plug in your external hard drive. Step 2: Click on File menu in iTunes > Choose Add to Library. Step 3: Select your external hard drive > Choose the music or music folder > Click on Open.
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
How do I get my music off my old iPod?
Once you’ve copied the files, you can eject the iPod and disconnect it. On a Windows PC, right-click on the iPod drive in File Explorer and select Eject. Mac users should right-click on the iPod icon on the desktop and select Eject.
How do I transfer music from iPod classic to external hard drive?
- Download and install TouchCopy.
- Connect your iPod, iPad or iPhone to your computer via the USB cable.
- Select the content you wish to copy and click “Copy to PC” or “Copy to Mac”.
- Select the directory on your external hard drive that you would like to copy the content to.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
Is iPod classic still supported?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
How can I put Music on my iPod without iTunes 2020?
How to Add Music to an iPod Without Using iTunes
- Insert the iPod’s USB cable into the bottom of the iPod.
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel on your computer.
- Go to your computer’s desktop and look for the folder titled “My Computer.
- Look around the folder and find the folder within it titled “Music”.
How do I transfer Music from iPod to computer for free?
How to Transfer Music from iPod to Computer with iTunes
- Connect your iPod to PC with a USB cable and Trust the PC.
- Click “File” option to choose “Devices” > “Transfer Purchases from [your iPhone name] “to sync your purchased music to the iTunes library.
- Now you can transfer your music from iPod to PC.
Can I keep my iTunes library on an external drive?
Drag the folder called iTunes to your external drive to copy it over. This may take some time, especially if you have a large library. You may have to enter an administrator password. Once the iTunes folder has fully copied over to the external drive, point the iTunes program on the PC to the library’s new location.
Can I run iTunes from an external drive?
No, you cannot install iTunes onto your external hard drive. You can put the files for the program there, but the program would still install, and run on the computer to which the hard drive is connected.