- 1 Can you still put music on an iPod classic?
- 2 How can I use an old iPod without iTunes?
- 3 How do I manually add music to my iPod classic?
- 4 How do I transfer music from my old iPod to my new iPod without iTunes?
- 5 How can I download free music to my iPod classic?
- 6 How do I put music on my iPod classic 10 without iTunes?
- 7 Can you get music off an old iPod?
- 8 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 9 Which version of iTunes is compatible with iPod classic?
- 10 How do I add music to my iPod classic without syncing?
- 11 How do I transfer my music from my old iPod to my new one?
- 12 Can you transfer music from iPod to iPhone without a computer?
- 13 Can you transfer music from one iPod to another without a computer?
Can you still put music on an iPod classic?
The iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle don’ t have an internet connection of their own. When you want to put media on them, you use the iTunes program on your desktop or laptop computer to download songs to the iPod, using a process called syncing, not iCloud.
How can I use an old iPod without iTunes?
How to Use an iPod on a Computer Without iTunes
- Connect your iPod to your computer using a USB cord.
- Click the “Start” menu, and select “My Computer.”
- Double-click the drive that contains your iPod.
- Click the “Tools” menu, and select “Folder Options,” then choose the “View” tab.
- Double-click the “iPod_Control” folder.
How do I manually add music to my iPod classic?
Under your iPod classic directory tree, click “Music”. Then, in the music window, click ” + Add” > “Add file” or “Add folder”. When the file browser window pops up, navigate to the location where you save music files. Choose your wanted music files and click “Open” to import them to your iPod classic.
How do I transfer music from my old iPod to my new iPod without iTunes?
To directly transfer music from iPod to iPod without iTunes:
- Connect both your old iPod and the new iPod to your computer (Mac or PC) using USB cables.
- Expand “Audio” and select “Music”.
- Click “Transfer” to start transferring music from iPod to iPod.
How can I download free music to my iPod classic?
Best Sites to Download Free iPod Music
- iMesh. iMesh features 15 million songs that you may download and sync to your iPod for free.
- Free Music Download.
- Free Music Archive.
- Audio Archive.
How do I put music on my iPod classic 10 without iTunes?
Go to “Devices” > “Music”. Open the folder that contains the songs, select the music files you want to import, then drag and drop them to the left panel or to the center of the window. (You can also drag and drop songs from iTunes library to your device.)
Can you get music off an old iPod?
If your old iPod still charges enough to use, you can easily transfer music from that iPod to your computer. After transferring music from your iPod to iTunes or your iPhone, give it a new purpose. Consider reusing your old iPod as an ebook reader or a secondary music collection holder.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
Which version of iTunes is compatible with iPod classic?
As noted you should use iTunes 12.6. 5.3, iTunes 12.7. 2.58, or anything later than that for iTunes to connect to the store. These versions should be able to work with an iPod classic.
How do I add music to my iPod classic without syncing?
Download and install PodTrans. This is one of the easiest ways to copy music to your iPod without having to sync through iTunes. Use PodTrans if you need to copy music without deleting anything that is currently on the iPod. You can download the free version of PodTrans from imobie.com/podtrans/.
How do I transfer my music from my old iPod to my new one?
To sync music from iTunes to your new iPhone or iPod:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes if it does not open automatically.
- Click your device icon and click the music header.
- Tick the box to enable music syncing and choose to sync your entire library or only selected music.
Can you transfer music from iPod to iPhone without a computer?
Copy Music Directly to iPhone / iPod Without Adding to the Computer iTunes Library. You can skip adding the song to the computer iTunes library completely by using a simple but little known trick, letting you directly transfer music and audio to an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
Can you transfer music from one iPod to another without a computer?
There is no direct way to transfer music from one iPod to another. However, you can transfer your iPod music library to your computer and then sync music to your new iPod from your computer.