- 1 Can I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 2 How can I use my iPod without iTunes?
- 3 Can you still put music on an iPod classic?
- 4 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 5 How do you download Music onto an iPod for free?
- 6 How can I put music on my iPod without iTunes 2020?
- 7 Can you get music off an old iPod?
- 8 Which version of iTunes is compatible with iPod classic?
- 9 How do I put music on my iPod classic 10 without iTunes?
- 10 How do I get iTunes to recognize my old iPod?
- 11 How do I use an iPod classic?
- 12 How do I transfer music from iTunes to iPod classic?
Can I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Fortunately, you won’t need any extra items to add music to your iPod without iTunes, unless you need to transfer the music from somewhere else to your PC first. You’ll only need: Your iPod. An iPod USB charging cable.
How can I use my iPod without iTunes?
You can easily use an iPod on a computer without iTunes. While iTunes is the program typically associated with the iPod, there are others that can work with your iPod to do whatever it is you want to do. One such program is Winamp, which can be downloaded for free online (see Resources).
Can you still put music on an iPod classic?
The iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle don’ t have an internet connection of their own. When you want to put media on them, you use the iTunes program on your desktop or laptop computer to download songs to the iPod, using a process called syncing, not iCloud.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
How do you download Music onto an iPod for free?
Best Sites to Download Free iPod Music
- iMesh. iMesh features 15 million songs that you may download and sync to your iPod for free.
- Free Music Download.
- Free Music Archive.
- Audio Archive.
How can I put music on my iPod without iTunes 2020?
How to Add Music to an iPod Without Using iTunes
- Insert the iPod’s USB cable into the bottom of the iPod.
- Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel on your computer.
- Go to your computer’s desktop and look for the folder titled “My Computer.
- Look around the folder and find the folder within it titled “Music”.
Can you get music off an old iPod?
If your old iPod still charges enough to use, you can easily transfer music from that iPod to your computer. After transferring music from your iPod to iTunes or your iPhone, give it a new purpose. Consider reusing your old iPod as an ebook reader or a secondary music collection holder.
Which version of iTunes is compatible with iPod classic?
As noted you should use iTunes 12.6. 5.3, iTunes 12.7. 2.58, or anything later than that for iTunes to connect to the store. These versions should be able to work with an iPod classic.
How do I put music on my iPod classic 10 without iTunes?
Go to “Devices” > “Music”. Open the folder that contains the songs, select the music files you want to import, then drag and drop them to the left panel or to the center of the window. (You can also drag and drop songs from iTunes library to your device.)
How do I get iTunes to recognize my old iPod?
See If iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod – Apple Support or try How to use disk mode on your iPod – Apple Support and put the device in disk mode, connect it to USB, and launch iTunes. The device should show in iTunes and allow you to restore it.
How do I use an iPod classic?
To use iPod classic, you put music, videos, photos, and other files on your computer and then add them to iPod classic. The controls on iPod classic are easy to find and use. Press any button to turn on iPod classic. The first time you turn on iPod classic, the language menu appears.
How do I transfer music from iTunes to iPod classic?
Under your iPod classic directory tree, click ” Music “. Then, in the music window, click “+ Add” > “Add file” or “Add folder”. When the file browser window pops up, navigate to the location where you save music files. Choose your wanted music files and click “Open” to import them to your iPod classic.