- 1 What generation iPod works with Apple music?
- 2 How do I get Apple music on my old iPod?
- 3 Can you get Apple music on an iPod?
- 4 Do old ipods still work with iTunes?
- 5 Can you update an iPod classic?
- 6 Why can’t I sync my iPod classic to iTunes?
- 7 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 8 What can I do with an old iPod Classic?
What generation iPod works with Apple music?
iTunes 12.2 or better on Mac or Windows. iPhone 4s or later. iPad 2 & iPad mini or later. iPod touch 5th generation or later.
How do I get Apple music on my old iPod?
Go to Settings > Music, and tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on. If you already have music on your device, you’re asked if you want to keep the music that’s on your device. If you choose Keep Music*, the music from your device adds to your iCloud Music Library.
Can you get Apple music on an iPod?
Get music to play on iPod touch in the following ways: Become an Apple Music subscriber: With a subscription and a Wi-Fi connection, stream as much music as you like from the Apple Music catalog and your music library. You can download songs, albums, and playlists, and share music with your friends.
Do old ipods still work with iTunes?
You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs. To reiterate the post above, while Apple may no longer be actively supporting iPod classic the current versions of iTunes and Music on Catalina should all be able to work with iPod classic.
Can you update an iPod classic?
Connect iPod classic to your computer. In iTunes, select iPod classic in the device list and click the Summary tab. version of the software. Click Update to install the latest version of the software.
Why can’t I sync my iPod classic to iTunes?
Retry with a different USB port if you cannot see iPod classic in iTunes. Restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest software updates installed. Reinstall iTunes software from the latest version on the web. Restore iPod classic.
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
What can I do with an old iPod Classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!