- 1 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 2 How do I transfer music from laptop to iPod classic?
- 3 How do I manually transfer music to my iPod?
- 4 Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
- 5 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 6 How do I transfer music from my old iPod to my computer?
- 7 How do you put music from Spotify onto your iPod?
- 8 How do I transfer music from iPod to USB stick?
- 9 How do you sync music to your iPod?
- 10 How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
- 11 Which version of iTunes is compatible with iPod classic?
- 12 Is iPod classic compatible with Windows 10?
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
How do I transfer music from laptop to iPod classic?
Download and install iTunes (see Resources). Open up iTunes from the Start menu or via the iTunes desktop icon. Connect your iPod classic to your computer’s USB port using the iPod’s USB sync cable. Wait for iTunes to recognize your iPod and display your iPod’s current files and music lists.
How do I manually transfer music to my iPod?
How to copy items to your iPod manually
- Click the On This iPod tab.
- Click the Add To button in the upper-right corner of the view under the Done button.
- Drag items (such as one or more songs or an album) directly from your iTunes library to the iPod column.
- Wait for the copying to finish and then click Done.
Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
How do I transfer music from my old iPod to my computer?
To add some or all of the music from your iPod to your iTunes library, go to either File > Add File to Library or File > Add Folder to Library in iTunes for Windows. If you’re using a Mac, go to File > Add to Library. Then select the files or folder you want to add.
How do you put music from Spotify onto your iPod?
To sync music from Spotify to your iPod, follow these steps:
- Quit iTunes, if it’s running.
- Open Spotify.
- Plug your iPod into your computer by using the USB cable, as usual.
- Click Erase iPod & Sync with Spotify, if it appears in the Spotify window.
- Sync all your music to your iPod.
How do I transfer music from iPod to USB stick?
How to Transfer Songs from iPod to USB Flash Drive
- Step 1: Open TunesMate. Plug in your iPod and your flash drive.
- Step 2: Select the “Music” tab. On the left, choose a playlist and right click it.
- Step 3: Click “Export to PC/Mac” from the menu, then browse and choose the flash drive as your destination.
How do you sync music to your iPod?
Sync your content using Wi-Fi
- Connect your device to your computer with a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device. Learn what to do if your device doesn’t appear on your computer.
- Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi.”
- Click Apply.
How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
Best Sites to Download Free iPod Music
- iMesh. iMesh features 15 million songs that you may download and sync to your iPod for free.
- Free Music Download.
- Free Music Archive.
- Audio Archive.
Which version of iTunes is compatible with iPod classic?
As noted you should use iTunes 12.6. 5.3, iTunes 12.7. 2.58, or anything later than that for iTunes to connect to the store. These versions should be able to work with an iPod classic.
Is iPod classic compatible with Windows 10?
Note: To set up iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle as a hard disk, use iTunes on Windows 10. Connect your device to your computer. If the checkbox is dimmed, you can already use your device as a hard disk.