- 1 How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 2 Can you still put music on an old iPod?
- 3 How do I transfer music from laptop to iPod classic?
- 4 Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
- 5 How do I get music off my old iPod?
- 6 How do you download music onto your iPod for free?
- 7 Does Apple still support ipods?
- 8 What can I do with an old iPod?
- 9 How do I put music on my iPod classic 2021?
- 10 How do you put music from Spotify onto your iPod?
- 11 How do I put music on my iPod with Windows 10?
- 12 Which version of iTunes works with iPod classic?
- 13 Which version of iTunes do I need for iPod classic?
- 14 Can you update an iPod classic?
How do I put music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
Can you still put music on an old iPod?
The iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle don’t have an internet connection of their own. When you want to put media on them, you use the iTunes program on your desktop or laptop computer to download songs to the iPod, using a process called syncing, not iCloud.
How do I transfer music from laptop to iPod classic?
Download and install iTunes (see Resources). Open up iTunes from the Start menu or via the iTunes desktop icon. Connect your iPod classic to your computer’s USB port using the iPod’s USB sync cable. Wait for iTunes to recognize your iPod and display your iPod’s current files and music lists.
Does iTunes still support iPod classic?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
How do I get music off my old iPod?
Once you’ve copied the files, you can eject the iPod and disconnect it. On a Windows PC, right-click on the iPod drive in File Explorer and select Eject. Mac users should right-click on the iPod icon on the desktop and select Eject.
How do you download music onto your iPod for free?
Take advantage of ” Free on iTunes.” Click on the link to the iTunes Store in your iTunes browser and then click the small link labeled “Free on iTunes” on the right-hand side of the screen. These songs will be automatically sorted into your iTunes library.
Does Apple still support ipods?
Are ipods obsolete? Answer: A: Answer: A: Apple still makes and sells the 6th generation iPod Touch, so its not entirely abandoned and is also much cheaper than an iPhone.
What can I do with an old iPod?
6 Ways to Reuse Your Old iPod Right Now
- Car MP3 Player. If the music you still love and listen to is still loaded on your old device, then keep it in the car!
- Expendable Music Device.
- Kids Toy.
- Backup Phone.
- Security Camera/Baby Monitor.
How do I put music on my iPod classic 2021?
Under your iPod classic directory tree, click “Music “. Then, in the music window, click “+ Add” > “Add file” or “Add folder”. When the file browser window pops up, navigate to the location where you save music files. Choose your wanted music files and click “Open” to import them to your iPod classic.
How do you put music from Spotify onto your iPod?
To sync music from Spotify to your iPod, follow these steps:
- Quit iTunes, if it’s running.
- Open Spotify.
- Plug your iPod into your computer by using the USB cable, as usual.
- Click Erase iPod & Sync with Spotify, if it appears in the Spotify window.
- Sync all your music to your iPod.
How do I put music on my iPod with Windows 10?
- Download and install TouchCopy on your PC or laptop.
- Run TouchCopy and connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- From the list of your device’s music, select the songs you wish to copy.
- Click “Copy to PC” in TouchCopy.
- Choose where to save your music to your your computer.
Which version of iTunes works with iPod classic?
ITunes 12.6. 3 works well with iPod classic and other click wheel iPods.
Which version of iTunes do I need for iPod classic?
As noted you should use iTunes 12.6. 5.3, iTunes 12.7. 2.58, or anything later than that for iTunes to connect to the store. These versions should be able to work with an iPod classic.
Can you update an iPod classic?
Connect iPod classic to your computer. In iTunes, select iPod classic in the device list and click the Summary tab. version of the software. Click Update to install the latest version of the software.