- 1 Is the iPod classic still supported by Apple?
- 2 Can I still download music to my iPod classic?
- 3 How do I put Music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 4 Why did Apple discontinue iPod classic?
- 5 How long will an iPod classic last?
- 6 Can you update an iPod classic?
- 7 How do I get music off my old iPod classic?
- 8 What can I do with an old iPod classic?
- 9 Can I still sync my iPod classic with iTunes?
- 10 How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
Is the iPod classic still supported by Apple?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
Can I still download music to my iPod classic?
The iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Nano, and iPod Shuffle don’ t have an internet connection of their own. When you want to put media on them, you use the iTunes program on your desktop or laptop computer to download songs to the iPod, using a process called syncing, not iCloud.
How do I put Music on my iPod classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.
Why did Apple discontinue iPod classic?
According to Tim Cook speaking at WSJD Live, the iPod Classic was discontinued because the parts were unavailable and a redesign was unwarranted given the small amount of consumer interest in the product.
How long will an iPod classic last?
Even if you store it perfectly, you can expect to lose 25% capacity within 3-4 years. For long term storage, it’s best to charge it to just above 50% and let it self discharge down to maybe 40 or 35% and then charge it back up to over 50.
Can you update an iPod classic?
Connect iPod classic to your computer. In iTunes, select iPod classic in the device list and click the Summary tab. version of the software. Click Update to install the latest version of the software.
How do I get music off my old iPod classic?
Once you’ve copied the files, you can eject the iPod and disconnect it. On a Windows PC, right-click on the iPod drive in File Explorer and select Eject. Mac users should right-click on the iPod icon on the desktop and select Eject.
What can I do with an old iPod classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
Can I still sync my iPod classic with iTunes?
iPod classic was known for having a high capacity internal disk which allowed customers to synchronize their Music library. Today Apple’s iPod touch (7th generation) has the largest internal drive of any iPod model. You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs.
How do you download music onto an iPod for free?
Best Sites to Download Free iPod Music
- iMesh. iMesh features 15 million songs that you may download and sync to your iPod for free.
- Free Music Download.
- Free Music Archive.
- Audio Archive.