- 1 What generation iPod works with Apple music?
- 2 Can Apple music be played on iPod?
- 3 How do I get Apple music on my old iPod?
- 4 Why did Apple stop making ipods?
- 5 Do old ipods still work with iTunes?
- 6 Can you update an iPod classic?
- 7 Can you transfer music from iPhone to iPod?
- 8 How do I transfer my iTunes library to my iPod?
- 9 How can I put music on my iPod without a computer?
- 10 What can I do with an old iPod Classic?
- 11 How do I put music on my iPod Classic without iTunes?
What generation iPod works with Apple music?
iTunes 12.2 or better on Mac or Windows. iPhone 4s or later. iPad 2 & iPad mini or later. iPod touch 5th generation or later.
Can Apple music be played on iPod?
In the Music app, Apple Music subscribers can add and download songs and videos from Apple Music. You can stream music you add to iPod touch when you have an internet connection. To play music when you’re not connected to the internet, you must first download it.
How do I get Apple music on my old iPod?
Go to Settings > Music, and tap iCloud Music Library to turn it on. If you already have music on your device, you’re asked if you want to keep the music that’s on your device. If you choose Keep Music*, the music from your device adds to your iCloud Music Library.
Why did Apple stop making ipods?
Three years later, Apple discontinued the iPod Classic. These were the last of Apple’s devices that didn’t connect to the internet, which meant they couldn’t use the services that Apple was focusing on, like the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple TV Plus.
Do old ipods still work with iTunes?
You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs. To reiterate the post above, while Apple may no longer be actively supporting iPod classic the current versions of iTunes and Music on Catalina should all be able to work with iPod classic.
Can you update an iPod classic?
Connect iPod classic to your computer. In iTunes, select iPod classic in the device list and click the Summary tab. version of the software. Click Update to install the latest version of the software.
Can you transfer music from iPhone to iPod?
You cannot make a direct transfer of songs from an iPhone to an iPod, but the songs you purchased from the iTunes Store can be re-downloaded to your iPod without any new cost (as long as you use the same Apple ID).
How do I transfer my iTunes library to my iPod?
Navigate to your iTunes Library. To manually transfer content to your iOS device, simply drag and drop songs, albums, movies, or other media from the Library window to the appropriate iOS device listed under Devices in the left sidebar.
How can I put music on my iPod without a computer?
If you have an Apple iPod, Apple TV or an iPhone (in 10 days’ time), iTunes currently sits as the hub in the middle of the Apple-empire wheel. But with iLoad you won’ t need a computer, internet connection or iTunes to transfer music, film and videos to your iPod.
What can I do with an old iPod Classic?
What to Do With Your Old iPod: 6 Great Ideas
- Install New Firmware.
- Replace the Battery.
- Use Your iPod as a Portable Hard Drive. Even if you’ve already got a newer iPod or iPhone, you can still put your old one to good use.
- Replace the Hard Drive.
- In-Car Music.
- Sell It!
How do I put music on my iPod Classic without iTunes?
Adding Music to iPod without iTunes
- Plug it In. As you might have guessed, the first step would be to plug your iPod into your PC.
- Disable Disk Use. If you’ve been using iTunes to transfer music to your iPod, you might’ve enabled disk use.
- Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives.
- This PC.