- 1 Can I still sync my iPod classic with iTunes?
- 2 How do I transfer music from my iPod to my iTunes library?
- 3 Why is my iPod classic not syncing with iTunes?
- 4 How do I get iTunes to recognize my old iPod?
- 5 How do I transfer music from iPod to iTunes without deleting?
- 6 How do I transfer music from my old iPod to my iPhone?
- 7 How can I copy my music from iPod to computer?
- 8 Is iPod classic still supported?
- 9 How do I manually sync my iPod with iTunes?
- 10 What version of iTunes supports iPod classic?
- 11 How do I backup my iPod classic without iTunes?
- 12 How do I get pictures off my old iPod?
Can I still sync my iPod classic with iTunes?
iPod classic was known for having a high capacity internal disk which allowed customers to synchronize their Music library. Today Apple’s iPod touch (7th generation) has the largest internal drive of any iPod model. You can continue to use your iPod classic with iTunes Store purchases or ripped music from CDs.
How do I transfer music from my iPod to my iTunes library?
Run iTunes, select File > Add Folder to Library, navigate to and select the Music folder on your desktop. The previous content of your iPod should now be added to your library.
Why is my iPod classic not syncing with iTunes?
Retry with a different USB port if you cannot see iPod classic in iTunes. Restart your computer, and make sure you have the latest software updates installed. Reinstall iTunes software from the latest version on the web. Restore iPod classic.
How do I get iTunes to recognize my old iPod?
See If iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod – Apple Support or try How to use disk mode on your iPod – Apple Support and put the device in disk mode, connect it to USB, and launch iTunes. The device should show in iTunes and allow you to restore it.
How do I transfer music from iPod to iTunes without deleting?
By backing up your music before syncing, you can prevent iTunes from deleting it.
- Click the “Start” button and type “folder options” in the search bar.
- Click on the “View” tab, and then click “Show hidden files, folders, and drives” under Advanced Settings.
How do I transfer music from my old iPod to my iPhone?
Open iTunes and connect with your iPhone 11/12 or any other iPhone. Click the device icon > Music > Sync Music > Apply. Music you add from iPod will be transferred to your iPhone.
How can I copy my music from iPod to computer?
Click File Sharing, select an app in the list, then do one of the following: Transfer a file from your iPod touch to your computer: Select the file you want to transfer in the list on the right, click “Save to,” select where you want to save the file, then click Save To.
Is iPod classic still supported?
The iPod Classic is no longer supported by the software, period. Backwards compatibility is not considered and old versions of iTunes are not provided by Apple. In fact, the support personnel are forbidden to provide an older version. They suggest buying a new iPod.
How do I manually sync my iPod with iTunes?
How to apply the “Manually manage music” option
- Open iTunes.
- Connect your iPod to your computer.
- Select the Device button near the top-left corner of iTunes.
- On the “Summary” screen, check the Manually manage music and videos box (under “Options”).
- Click Apply.
What version of iTunes supports iPod classic?
As noted you should use iTunes 12.6. 5.3, iTunes 12.7. 2.58, or anything later than that for iTunes to connect to the store. These versions should be able to work with an iPod classic.
How do I backup my iPod classic without iTunes?
Open the Windows Start menu, then select “Computer.” Double-click the iPod in the list of connected drives. Select “Edit > Select All,” then “Edit > Copy.” Open the ” iPod Backup ” folder on your desktop. Select “Edit > Paste.” All files from the iPod will be copied and backed up to your hard drive.
How do I get pictures off my old iPod?
Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Mac with a USB cable. Open the Photos app on your computer. The Photos app shows an Import screen with all of the photos and videos that are on your connected device. If the Import screen doesn’t appear automatically, click the device’s name in the Photos sidebar.